Monday, January 14, 2013

FROM SINNER TO SAINT: Burlesque queen Dita Von Teese as you've never seen her before









It’s not the usual style of clothing you would expect to see burlesque queen Dita Von Teese wearing.
Clad in an outrageous Christian Lacroix wedding dress, the sultry fetish model poses during a fashion shoot in Paris for the latest edition of Harper’s Bazaar Russia...

The 37-year-old is covered from head-to-toe in the ivory-toned gown which is bejeweled with colourful roses and a headdress with a golf leaf design.


With her head tilted to one side, Von Teese looks Madonna-like during the ‘Saint And Sinner’ themed fashion shoot, which launches her new Party Edition lingerie range for Wonderbra.




But she also reverts to form by wearing a provocative black outfit.

Leaning against a bicycle in a Parisian street, her coat is unbuttoned, revealing stocking and suspenders and a lacy bra.

Von Teese, who is divorced from shock rocker Marilyn Mason, explains why she models herself on pinups from the Forties and Fifties, saying: ‘Part of the reason I style myself this way is because I never felt I could live up to what is typically shown to us as being sexy in mainstream culture.

'I never felt like a natural beauty or that I could be pretty without make-up.
‘No matter what I do, I’m never going to look like someone like Gisele Bundchen. No matter what! So I like creating a fantasy and using glamour as my way of being sexy.’



Temptress Von Teese launched her first underwear range with Wonderbra in 2008.




No comments:

Post a Comment